Sunday, June 7, 2020

Ride the Tide


Just a quick post to share today as I wanted to play along with the current Fusion Card Challenge.




I had a ton of fun playing with this set from Ellen's, unfortunately it is retired, but still so fun.

I used distress inks for the sea (Salty Ocean) and a hint for the sky (Tumbled Glass).  I made a pole for my seagull to stand on and to hang my life ring on.  I used Copics to color the bird, life ring and boat.  I paper pieced the sails.  I stamped the waves on the water and used a white pen to color them in.  The clouds were stamped, colored with Copics, cut out and mounted.  Lastly I stamped the sentiment on more patterned paper and mounted it.  Inside, I added additional sentiment of "Stay Salty My Friend."

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies Used:



3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What an adorable scene Katie, love the patterned sail!

Laurie Unger said...

What a super cute card. Thanks for sharing over at the Fusion Card Challenge.

Jeanne J. said...

This is amazing Katie! I love the scene you created!