Thursday, May 28, 2020

Coffee Hop Day 7

Happy Thursday!  Tomorrow is the last day of the Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Hop.  Have you entered any cards?

I have one today featuring Super Sponsors Paper Smooches, Cas-ual Friday and Ellen Hutson.


Who doesn't love tropical, combined with coffee and a witty sentiment?!  I personally would like to go sit outside and watch a toucan or two and drink this beverage.

Here is how I made this:

  • I started by stamping the coffee cup from Paper Smooches Caffeinated and the bird from Happy Hellos on Copic friendly paper.  
  • I colored the cup and lid, cut it out and paper pieced the coffee cozy using Simple Stories paper. 
  • Next, I colored the bird (without the sentiment) and made it look like a toucan then it out. 
  • Setting those aside, I pulled out some coordinating Simple Stories DP and cut it with my deckle edge die.  I mounted it on a white base. 
  • Then I cut out these Gina Marie palm tree dies with cardstock.  I added some additional color with my Copics for shadows and depth. I mounted these on my card first. 
  • After the trees were set, I was able to add in my cup and bird. 
  • I wanted to pull out some of the blue from the cup cozy, so I used a scrap of coordinating blue and stamped the sentiment from Cas-ual Friday's Coffee Talk set and adhered it to the card. 

I love how the sentiment works with the bird when you think about the Zippity Do Dah song.  The bold colors also make me happy.  The paper on the cup with the floral pattern is my fave.



I seem to be into toucan's at the moment.  I have been painting rocks and leaving them around my neighborhood and painted a toucan on one of those too! LOL. 

Anyhoo, thanks for visiting, I appreciate your kind comments and time.  Have fun with the last few days of the hop!



Supplies used:



7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is terrific Katie! Love the cute cup and the fun bird!

Billie A said...

Wonderful card. Awesome bird and coffee to go cup.

I'd Rather Be Scrapbooking said...

This is amazing 😱

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute!

Lady Joyful said...

This is such a sweet tropical design. Your colour choices work so nicely together, and the paper pieced coffee sleeve is really pretty.

New Creations said...

Super cute scene, so cheerful!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute tropical design and so fun!