Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sweet Sophie scrapbook page & a card

OK, I want to start by showing you a scrapbook page I made yesterday of little Sophie & I. She is soooooooooooooo sweet, even the page says so. I had a hard time with this page, but am



happy with how it turned out. The little owl and bugs topped it off great along with the ribbon. Isn't she cute- awwww. It is amazing how quickly she is growing! This was 11 mos ago, I can't believe it. Anyway, I am so into the brights right now, ready for spring I guess.



This second picture I am not so fond of. I made this card this evening and it started out that I wanted to do some stained glass. I had stamped the image in staz on and carefully embossed with glassy glaze enamel. I added appricot ink refill for the color. I used my new circle cutter with this- fun. :) The paper behind is so saffron (you can only see it behind the flower) and then apricot appeal behind it all. I think what I don't like is the burgandy ribbon, but again was
having a hard time finishing it off. I think I was just thinking, dramatic is good (referring to the colors) but I am still not convinced. What do you think of these colors together?


OK, off to bed, so tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie - I think you scrapbook page is adorable; the colors are so happy and you have some cute accents on there. As for your card - I really like it! I've never done the stained glass technique before and will have to try it out sometime!

Deb Rymer said...

Your stained glass flower is beautiful - quite stunning! And I really love the color combination with the burgandy ribbon. Definitely adds a dramatic flair. You have inspired me to try the stained glass technique...