Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's been a long time coming


I know, you probably thought I would never come back and post anything fun, but here I am finally to give you some new projects to look at. I have, in fact, been very busy making a variety of things for baby showers and technique club and swaps and will have many things to show you in the upcoming days, I just haven't gotten them up. So sorry for the delay, but you don't have to wait any longer!

The first post today is dedicated to my girlfriend Bree who is expecting a little girl in September. When I was pregnant Bree gave me my first and favorite baby book and I do my best to fill it up for little Sophie. Since I love it so much, I decided to make one for her in return. Now, I did this scrapbook style, but I have to tell you, that it is so much harder than a scrapbook! I was suprised about that for sure. I guess it is because you dont' have the pictures and you can't fill up the pages and you have to leave a lot of room for journaling. I should have taken pics of all the pages, but I didn't. Per usual, I was in a hurry to get it done before her shower on Sunday, which I was throwing. Sadly, I didn't get to go to the shower, a serious bout of food poisoning kept me home. :( I was so sad, but was glad to be able to pass the torch. I am told everyone had fun.


Finally, here is the card I gave Bree. Not totally babyish, but kidish and fun and there is a story behind it. I was determined to play this weeks From Courtney's Closet Challenge over at Libby's blog because I love to play them and because I LOVE Hello Kitty (much to my husband's dismay... get over it honey, Sophie's gonna pick up this habit from me- wink!). So as I was at my LSS getting the last bits of supplies for the baby book, I saw they had these Hello Kitty die cuts, how fortuitious! So I *had* to get one and I thought that it was a sign that I shoudl not only play the challenge but put it on a card for Bree.

So Congrats to Bree and hubby and the little baby to be, can't wait to cuddle you! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! I love HK!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so adorable Katie! How perfect that you found this die cut!!

Bree (& Charlotte) said...

The baby book was a major hit at the shower, and is carefully wrapped in tissue paper until I begin filling it up. It's so precious! And the card is great! Thank you! Thank you!