Monday, September 12, 2011

Spice it up!

Hello!  Hope you had a good weekend.  I was a little sick myself, but still got to enjoy some of this lovely September sun, on the mend now anyhow.  While it is fall, thankfully we still have some sun in Seattle... seeing as it didn't show up until August.  I know I shouldn't complain because so many people have had a scorcher of a summer early on, lets just say glad to have some late sun and even happier that is seems to be sticking around  into September.
With fall comes fall colors.  I have to say I LOVE this new DSP in the SU! holiday mini catalog.  It is called Spice Cake.  I have to tell you, it is definitly spicing up my life!  I have two cards to show you today, both with this paper. 
First is this card with the owls.  I used all SU! products with the exception of the owl's which are Hero Arts, the tag (sorry can't remember what line this is) and the greeting (I think this is Stampendous). I had fun paper piecing the owls with the DSP.  I also love a few other things about this card, the corner punch from Martha Stewart and the Square Lattice embossing folder from SU!  This card was fun to make.
Next is my  little fox card.  Now you want to talk about spicing things up?!  In addition to using the Spice Cake DSP, I stamped on felt!  Yep, that's right, check out those felt clouds, aren't they fun!  The stamps on this card are Denami Designs (cloud), Lawn Fawn (Fox and log), and SU! sentiment.
Thanks for stopping, hope you enjoyed this post.  If you need to spice up your day, I've listed a couple of ways to do that here. :)


3 comments:

Heather Innusa said...

These are both SO cute!

Karen B. said...

These are both darling cards, that fox though is super sweet!

Stephanie said...

Cute cards! I love the paper piecing and those clouds are great!