Thursday, October 3, 2013

Frightful or Delightful?

I have officially made my first Halloween card of the year.  Though I think they are fun I just don't give as many out and I tend to be in crunch time come fall. This one is a little non-traditional.  I certainly wouldn't call it frightful...maybe delightful?  I couldn't resist this DP in the background that seemed fall but also had some bright colors, so I just went with it.  Besides the paper the main driver were the birds on the wire, a die that accompanies a stamp from Hero Arts (though no stamp used here).  The stamped image of the vampire from PS was actually the last piece I applied, sort of an after thought, but I think it works.  :)

Fun fact about a group of Ravens, did you know they are called a Murder?!  They feed are scavengers who often feed on carrion, are extremely intelligent and are widely spread across most of the Northern Hemisphere.  AND with those beady, watchful eyes, it is no wonder people often think they are creepy and perfect for Halloween!

So I am entering this into the Deconstructed Sketch #120 , Paper Smooches SPARKS- Anything Goes and the Curtain Call Challenge Spooky Scene (even though it isn't that spooky!).

Today's Question of the Day is- what was your favorite Halloween costume you've ever seen or worn? My dad was really into dressing us up for Halloween and went all out with the makeup and fake skin.  I remember not being able to be something girly (like a fairy or princess) and feeling upset by it, but I made a pretty good Charlie Chaplin-esk fat man.  My brother and dad went as a Coneheads one year and that was pretty hilarious.  So what about you?


13 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

This card ROCKS, Miss Lady!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!!

cm said...

Frightfully delightful card! I'm with Tenia: your card rocks!! Perfect for the Curtain Call challenge, for sure! Favourite Halloween costumes (so far) are those my niece and nephew word last year: she was a bat (cutest bat EVER), and he was a billy goat...complete with a wee billy goat beard. Excited to see what they'll be this year! Fab post, as always!
c

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! this is MORE than AWESOME!! I LOVE the colors and your FUN coloring and those birds!! Fabulous Design!! THANKS for playing along with the paper Smooches SPARKS challenge and I hope to see you again next week!! have a Great weekend!! ;)

Houses Built of Cards said...

So fun! LOVE the bright fun colors! So glad you joined us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ha! Love this card.. I was Medusa a few years ago. Won the 1st prize at work Halloween Potluck Costume Contest

~amy~ said...

I'm not much of a halloween girl...LOVE your card as I'm always fascinated by the use of non-traditional colors...awesome work.

Jane Elizabeth France said...

love your card Katie, great how you have used girly pink for Halloween...fabulous!!! enjoyed your fun fact too :)

Unknown said...

freakin' awesome!!! love it!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

oh em gee! what a fangtastic card, Katie! love the colors that you used to make it POP! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

Maureen said...

pink on a Halloween card?! LOVE IT! Totally cute and adorable!

Jessica Kephart | A Homespun Affair said...

Way to go Katie and way to think outside the norm! Love your color choice!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge "Spooky Scene!" Make sure to come back on the 15th for our all new challenge!!

xoxoxo

Jessica Kephart
www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

cm said...

Yayyyy!! Your funky vampire card is a Curtain Call show stopper! A well-deserved win - and another round of applause of your clever creation! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!!
c

wienerhoneymooners said...

I LOVE that CARD with the scamp of a VAMP!!

Congrats, they called it RIGHT!!!

i love the birds how you did them, so CLEVER!!!

I might have already told, you or maybe just thought I did... MEDUSA!!!
I think I did...Well I am tired, and if you need to set me straight, please tell me.. LOL
Have a great night Katie!