Friday, October 25, 2013

Use what you have & Seize the sketch

Hiya Friends!  How is that Flashback Friday is here again?!  Well I am going to come back this weekend to share FF, today I want to share a card that I made for the Use What you Have Challenge#20 and Seize the Sketch #6.

I have two brand new sets from Sweet Stamp Shop that I was wanting to use, Happy Hour and Speedy Greetings.  Now the point of UWYH is to not get new stuff, but I ask you how can you not have new fabulous stamps??!  Well that is not possible!  But I didn't buy the sets for this challenge, I just *needed* them. :) 

Anyhoo, I did use what I have in terms of paper.  Check out this scrap bin of card stock!  No it is not organized in any way, shape or form.  I dream of organizing it by color but I don't have the space at the moment, and really this works just fine.  Not pretty but effective enough.  See that sparkly little green piece there on the right, that is the one that caught my attention.  I wanted to use it to make a Christmas card with the martini glass from Happy Hour...so I did.  For the layout I used the Seize the Sketch 6 layout.  I had just enough green to make that banner hanging down the right side- per-fect!  OK, I know what you are thinking and you are right I don't normally create Christmas cards this early, but the mood struck me, what can I say.   

Do you know what I love about this card the most?  OK, besides the glitter and the martini, which I would love to drink right now... it is the sentiment.  The though of making a list for Santa and telling him to "Grab a straw, this is serious" ...aka sit down because this could be a long list and we need to talk Mr!  just makes me laugh!  But you know what, he might be in need of a martini too, so might be willing!

Time for the Question of the Day- Do you make your own holiday cards?  If so, when do you start?

Enjoy your day folks!

10 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Super cute!!!

Susie

Life and Knits said...

Ha! This is fabulous Katie!!

Susie

~amy~ said...

This is super fun! I love that glittery green goodness!

Rose said...

lol i love the image!!!
Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the bright and festive colours, awesome creation!

cm said...

Katie, how fun and festive this card is! Your Santa paper, the glittery green tag, and the 'Let's have a drink and talk' sentiment are awesome! Perfect for the challenge! Your scrap box - WOW! I'd love to have a variety of papers like that to sort through (I know - freaky deak!). I made my first round of Christmas cards last year; this year, I'm aming for *much x 1000000* better! My start is soon, as in this week! Hoping to make some for the craft sale my mom volunteers at, as well as for family/friends. My Christmas paper is calling...loudly!!
c

Arlene said...

Love the card - that sentiment is perfect. Fun and modern.

Oh, Question of the Day - of course I make my own cards. I am so still in the mood of making Christmas cards that I keep on making them after Christmas day....

Judy1223 said...

Katie, this card still has me chuckling, I have to tell ya! Yeah, me and Mr. Claus have a lot to talk about, he might just need to have a seat and grab a straw! Of course, he might run out of time, I know how busy he is on Christmas Eve. Hmmm...

Anyway, GREAT fun card, very creative! So glad you played along with the UWYH challenge this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute cute cute Katie,love the Santa paper.

Michele Duffy said...

Very clever! This card really makes me smile! So glad you won at UWYH challenge :)