Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Tail feathers turned into pretty petals

Hello friends!  I hope you were able to get your cards in to the Jingle Belles challenge where they were raising funds for the Susan G. Komen?  I only got one in myself, but every card counts!  I noticed 100 entries yesterday X $4 per card- easy $400 in funds!

Today I want to share something a little different with you.  This is a Thanksgiving card that is....well a little different.  I was originally going to make a turkey using the new Top Dog Dies Turkey Time Die Set, but as I worked with it, I just kept seeing a sunflower.  So that is what I decided to make, a colorful, non-traditional sunflower.  Two of those tail feathers back to back aren't exactly round, so I did a little fussing to add another row of feathers in the middle.  You can see it if you look closely, but had I not pointed it out, maybe you wouldn't?  The colors just scream fall, I used Wild Wasabi, Blackberry, Razzleberry, Only Orange and Saffron (all SU)!  I used a fun variety of yellow buttons as the seeds for my sunflower and I love that bit.  The sentiment is also from Top Dog Dies, the Top Dog Dies Give Thanks Die.





So what do you think?  A little different I know but eye catching and fun?  I hope so.

Time for you to shake your tail feathers or flower petals or whatever it is you want, just have fun with it! :)

Entering this into:

The Card Concept- Sunflowers- Clean and Layered
Simon Says Stamp- Monday Challenge- Anything Goes




18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Genius.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow Katie this is super cute and so much fun!! Love all of the buttons!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I LOVE it Katie, TRULY love it, YOU are a creative Genius!!!!!!!

Judy1223 said...

Katie, this is quite unique and clever! I would never have thought to use buttons for the sunflower centers but I LOVE it! Brilliant!

Yoonsun Hur said...

Wow!! So creative! Absolutely amazing. Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

Lisa Lara said...

This turned out so beautiful Katie. Way to stretch your dies and think outside the box. This just makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

Deepti said...

So very creative :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

It very definitely looks like a sunflower! I love all the buttons, Katie. What a great way to use them up! I have a whole bagful. . .
Thanks for linking your beautiful project at Cut it Up. We miss you!!

Evelyn

Unknown said...

This is such a fun card...love it. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Julie B said...

What a transformation, a great fun card. :)

cm said...

Eye-catching, fun and brilliant! I second Amy: genius. You!
~c

Becca Cruger said...

So bright and cheerful! Really cool!

Unknown said...

Just ADORABLE! Love the sunflower, it's a great use of that die, and I love the colors! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I really hope you are doing well! :) *hugs*

Mary Marsh said...

I love all the buttons -thanks for playing along with the Card Concept sunflowers challenge

shirley-bee said...

Sunflower from turkey dies? Genius! Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats on the you CLEVER girl!!!!

Kylie said...

So creative! I love when you can use a die for something completely different! Great job. Thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations xx