Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Red Winged Blackbird

Mother's day is almost here and I have some fun cards to share with you before it is.

First, I wanted to share this card featuring Birds of a Feather stamp set by Sheena Douglas for Crafter's Companion. My family is full of birders so when I first set eyes on this bird I knew I had to have it.  The complimenting stamps are also perfect.

My card is inspired by the Red or Yellow Winged Blackbird.  I often see these birds in Washington around Marsh areas or lakes, they seem to love the reeds and cattails that grow nearby.  I am always draw to them by the bright color around the wings.  Recently my Mother was in town and she and my daughter reported seeing one of these birds and I knew I had to make a card.


I stamped the images out on my Spectrum Aqua watercolor paper.  I used my zigs to add the colors I wanted.  Once it was dry I put the image through my scan and cut.  I used my Gina Marie leaf dies with two different colors of green to set a place for the bird to sit.  The sentiments are from Avery Elle.  All together I put it on my CC Kraft Paper and distressed the edges.  I am happy with the results and love the vivid colors with the black.

I hope you enjoyed this card and thank you for visiting!

Entering into:

Use your Stuff- Feathers
Always Fun Challenges- For Mom/Female


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great job on the coloring of the bird! This is terrific Katie!

Claire-Louise Garland said...

Gorgeous card and colouring x

Waleska said...

Love your bird! great use and combination of different companies! thank you for playing along with us at Always Fun Challenges!DT Waleska

Jolanda Breedvelt said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Always Fun Good luck!!
Jolanda
(DT member)