Friday, July 27, 2018

CLC and STAMPlorations


Hey, Hey, Happy Friday!  The best day of the week is always better when Coffee hops are involved am I right?  Lucky for you, this is one of those weeks.  CLC is collaborating with STAMPlorations!  And of course it comes along with PRIZES and a SALE!  Read on to learn more.  

You should have arrived here from the fabulous Kerry Urbatch's blog.  If not, I recommend you can go back to the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog to start from the beginning. 

Here is my card for today's hop:


This card features the most awesome Zen Coffee 2 cover plate!  This plate is swoon-worthy and offers so many possibilities!  I wanted to use it with a rainbow of colors but didn't want to be prescriptive about what color went where.  So my strategy involved cutting this plate in 7, that's right, SEVEN different colors.  I started by cutting the first five layers.  I wanted the pink layer in the front so I poked out pretty much every cut out.  I continued to cut and poke out pieces randomly, leaving more in with each layer.  When I was able to get the first five layers as I wanted them I adhered them together.  I then decided I needed more indigo and purple, so I cut them and added the pieces in randomly.  Once I had the basic structure I stamped the sentiment from the Coffee Happy stamp set onto a bit of vellum.  I cut it into a small square and added it over my cup.  Wahlah!  Happiness in a Cup!

I want to send you onto Kathy Schweinfurth's blog, BUT before you go, make note:

STAMPlorations is giving away a $25 gift certificate.  Just comment on all participating blogs by 8/3 at 11:55 pm PT and you are in the running!

lLso, did you know that STAMPlorations is having a collaboration hop sale?!  Go here to check it out!


As always, thank you for your visit!

43 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a fabulous card Katie! I love the bright colors you used and how you arranged them on this cut plate! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE this bright IN-YOUR-FACE color! Excellent card

Christine said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors you chose and the depth created by layering the cuts! So wonderful!

~amy~ said...

seriously, such delish colors! This is fabulous Katie!

Joy Meadows said...

So amazing! Lots of work went into this fabulous card. Love it!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is pure happiness with all those bright,
cheerful colors.

Kathy said...

Love the colors! Thanks for a great card.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and I can see how much work went into making that rainbow of colors design. But it sure paid off as this is fantastic looking!

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is SO COOL!! I love the inlaid die cutting you did with all those colors. I would frame this!!

Gail said...

Wow oh wow so colorful - love love this - I am not good at colors but me oh my oh - wonderful work here! TFS and for this inspirational hop! Blessings

Chark said...

a definite wow project!

Esther Asbury said...

Just when I thought I'd seen it all you took it to a new level with this bright/happy card! How cool!

Karenladd said...

This fabulous card reminds me of some posters back in the 1960's...psychedelic! Now you have enough pieces to make six more versions of this, with the leftovers!

MadeByMeghanK said...

GROOVY! Totally 70s! I Love the colors!

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza Katie, what a cool card!

Lisa said...

Absolutely love this! So beautiful and groovy!...lol!

CarlavdM said...

A totally different card with the Coffee Covered plate die in all those lovely colours.
My goodness 7 layers, but it looks awesome Katie..
Indeed Happiness in a Cuppa ;o)

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous card! I love this beautiful cover plate die and your bright summer colours!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love all of the colors.
I haven't tried one of these
intricate dies yet but I'm
getting lots of ideas for
how to put them together.
thanks for sharing
txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

Hetty said...

Such a happy card, Kathie.
Summer coffee it is.

Michele K. Henderson said...

This might be my favorite, Katie! This looks GORGEOUS! I love all this terrific color and detail! Wow!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Super delightful with all those yummy colors!

Dee Earnshaw said...

ooooh love the HOT colors you used on this card!!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Oh my, Katie!! I love the psychedelic Zen card!!
7 different colors!! WOW!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your card is so delightful and the colors are so pretty.

Celeste Goff said...

So fun and colorful...it just makes me smile!!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, this is 7 colors of wonder! I'm in awe of your card design and it just burst with cheerfulness! Super card! TFS :)

Lisa Bradford said...

I love these! The colors are great!

Helen Gullett said...

Oh Katie, your card is so beautiful with those bright colors! Thanks for the inspiration!

Dana M said...

So cool! Such a fun and happy card. So wonderfully retro.

Cindy Holmes said...

Wow what an amazing looking card! I just love all the beautiful bright colors that you used for this card! It just makes it so bright and cheery!! I love it!!

Maura said...

OH my gosh, what a riot of beautiful colors - love this!!!

Nan0807 said...

Awesome card! I love piecing with different colors especially rainbows.

Lucy E. said...

Your card is so festive and
creative! I Love all of the different
colors of paper piecing-really awesome!

Denise Bryant said...

Love these bold colors! Awesome card with this pretty cover plate!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Such a bright and beautiful card! Love it!

ionabunny said...

Love the brights and the dimension. Gorgeous card. Hugz

Golden Goddess Designs said...

wow! what a wonderful card, those colors! awesome!

Alicia

Marsha said...

That is soooo colorful. The card would wake someone up if the coffee doesn't! LOL

Sue D said...

So fun and colorful!

SHartl said...

Totally groovy man!! I love this bright, wild looking card.

Craftychris said...

This is so bright and beautiful! xxx

Jean said...

Bold, bright and cheerful! Love it!