Thursday, July 19, 2018

Plant Dreams

You know what they say about jobs, most people leave because they don't like their manager, it has nothing to do with their job.  Well, I have to say, I think that is true.  I have had a few doozies for managers in my time (I am sure we all have) but I currently have a manager I really like.  It feels a bit like winning the lottery compared to my two prior managers.  I hold the tenet of treat other's like you want to be treated, so I never understood those bosses who seem to not care about anyone but themselves.  My current boss behaves as if she believes that tenet too, she cares about her team, wants them to be engaged, she tries to develop people and remove roadblocks, etc...  she is a leader, not a manager.

 So you might be thinking, "OK Katie, what is your point?"  Well not much really, just going on and on about how it is nice to feel good going to work.  With that tenet of the Golden Rule I wanted to say thank you to my boss for being who she is and the best way I know how to do that is to create a card with my two hands to send that message.  Here is my labor of love.


This cared was created by die cutting some white Copic friendly paper with the Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die cut.  On that paper I masked and stamped the three sunflowers from Waffle Flower Grow Happiness Set, I wanted to add depth and dimension as if it was a real garden.  I took a bit of time coloring them and used my white pen to create the seeds in the middle of the flowers.  I added a little blue around to mimic the sky.  Next I die cut the fence with some woodgrain paper and followed with a grass die.  Once that was complete I stamped the sweet mouse and wheelbarrow.  I colored and cut them out using my Copics and Scan n' Cut.  I went back in and colored a tiny flower and hand cut it to tuck behind them mouse's ear.  This image was then placed in front of the garden.  I stamped a little leaf to the right and stamped "plant dreams" as the primary part of the sentiment and then added the "you" from a Concord & 9th set.  Lastly I added some green polka dot DP behind.

I hope my boss likes this labor of love and understands that she is truly appreciated.


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

It's nice that you don't have to dread going to work! This is a darling card and I think your manager will appreciate it very much!

~amy~ said...

I bet she loved this sweet card!