Monday, August 20, 2018

Camelot

Happy Monday Friends!  Just wanted to swing by and share a fun card with you all.  


This card takes you straight into a fairy tale and that made it extremely fun to make. I was first inspired by the thought of a green dragon thinking of Puff the Magic Dragon.  While I was able to create my green buddy using this MFT stamp set, I failed at creating the scene I wanted, so I decided to go a different direction.  Like the dragon, I stamped my little princess and knight on some watercolor paper and used my Zigs to color them.  Setting them aside to dry, I tackled the background.  I had some cloud DP that was perfect for the sky , cut with Avery Elle Wonky stitches die.  I also cut some grass using a Lawn Fawn die for the foreground.  Next I die cut out the MFT castle pieces.  I added texture to the castle with distress ink and a Tim Holtz stencil.  The drawbridge was cut then embossed with woodgrain to add texture.  Again I used a distress ink for color and add.d some darker gray slats along the front to look like iron you would see holding this together.  I added some color to my flag and placed all my elements with dimensional. 

Thanks for stopping today.  I hope you find some magic in your day, if needed you can always comeback here for a glimpse at this magical dragon.

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly adorable scene! This is CUTE Katie!