Thursday, January 24, 2019

Frankly my dear...


True story- my husband and I once planned a small event called Wienerfest.  It took place on national hot dog day in 2010.  It was an obstacle course event with about half a dozen contestants going head to head.  They had to ride tricycles, fill alternating shot glasses with ketchup and mustard, dig through buckets of relish for gherkin pickles, eat chili dogs upside down and more.  Among other things, we wore “official” T-shirts, feasted on hot dogs and hot dog candy, gave away hot dog BBQ packs (baskets, ketchup, mustard bottles, BBQ utensils and more) and the champion earned an adult sized hot dog costume. 

You are probably wondering why this is relevant.  Well, if only I had this stamp set back then, I would have done banners and ribbons for the winners and so much more!  But alas, at least I have it now… J


I created this card by first stamping and coloring the Neat and Tangled Hot Dog stamps.   Now we all know that some people are mustard people (my hubby) and others are ketchup people (me), frankly (pun intended) it was hard to choose which condiment to go with.  But seeing as my hubby and I balance each other out, I thought it would be important to have one of each represented.  I so I colored one of each, cut out the dogs, added some glossy accents to the condiment line and set them aside.  Did the same with the trophy, colored and set aside.

But the Ketchup mustard conundrum continued when I decided to use this Waffle Flower backdrop, but again, I found a win by alternating red and yellow.  I stamped the images on the base and popped out the cut out versions for dimension.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment on black with Versa Mark and used Wow Embossing Powder- Flame.  It looks more metallic and less red, on black, but I liked the contrast and pop! 
Here is a close up that helps you see the glossy accents.


Well you learned a little something about me today.  I’d love to learn about you.  Tell me, are you a ketchup or mustard person?  And/or anything else you’d like to share about yourself.

Thanks for the visit!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how fun, that sounds like a wiener of an idea ~ hehe!! Seriously though, it does sound fun and your card is too cute!

wienerhoneymooners said...

you KNOW iM LOVIN THIS!!!!!