Saturday, January 5, 2019

Winter Sky

We took a trip over the mountains to Grandma’s house for Christmas.  It was fun and busy.  Though I am glad I don’t live with deep snow all winter, it snowed while we were there and was so pretty.  At Grandma’s we se wild turkey and birds and sometimes deer.  That is what inspired this card, the idea of dusk, the sky glowing off the snow.


The Season’s Greetings Silhouette stamp set from Trinity makes the perfect winters nature scene.  To make this card, I began by stamping my images in black and cutting them out.  I set them aside and created my backdrop, first by using a stencil and embossing ink and why embossing powder to create the stars/snow.  Next I used my Trinity Blendability Brushes that I absolutely LOVE and distress inks, mostly blue with a touch of purple.  Them I took some white card stock and the landscape die from the Trinity Castle Scene Builder set and used it to create a snowscape.  I layered my deer and trees and added highlights with my white gel pen.  Lastly I mounted my scene on my cardstock and added a layer of black in between.


 I think this set and scene is so pretty and really captures the magical feel you can get on a snowy day.

Thanks for your visit today!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like a wonderful time at grandma's house! Your card is extra pretty and captures winter beautifully!