Friday, March 1, 2019

The Rabbit Hole Designs March Release

Hello crafty AND coffee peeps! 

Today is the day for the march release over at The Rabbit Hole Designs.  I have been sharing snippets of my cards on social media, and hope you have been seeing and loving them, but today is the big reveal!  You get to see the fun cards and the full release! WHEEEE!  Oh and there are prizes too, read to the bottom for more info on that. ;)

First up, Caffeinated Bee!  This grumpy guy leaves me feeling #Buzzed! 



This card is was made stamping the bee on watercolor paper and using my zigs to color it.  I love how the fading colors add to the grumpy look.  Obviously, the bee lent to traditional yellow and black, so I used a yellow base and then die cut this shape on black.  It isn't quite a honeycomb, but I like the repeating pattern.  After placing the layers and the bee I wanted to tie some of the green back in... enter the green bit of CS with the sentiment, stapled directly onto the paper.  Lastly, some enamel bits to add a little extra shine. 

Card two is Caffeinated Flamingo.  A relaxing tropical scene... with a bone tired bird wearing one slipper. 



For this card, I set the scent using a lot of die cuts from Lawn Fawn.  I placed the little body of water against the sand in the front and the distressed sunrise in the back.  I added flower embellishments to the tendrils of leaves hanging down and shadows to the grass with my Copics.  Then I added the star... ahem flockstar... to the post.  I suspect when he/she isn't holding her coffee, both feet slip into the one slipper. LOL. 

Next up, is Caffeinated Crab.  This one is my fave!  Perhaps because I have an affinity for the ocean, or perhaps it is the donuts... either way, love this little grump. 



For this card, I started by coloring the crab with my Copics.  Seriously love the way it turned out with the shades of orange.  And after seeing how he looked, I decided he wasn't just crabby before coffee, but he is crabby before ANYTHING, and so the rest of the idea emerged.  I die cut this white cardstock and used my distress inks and a stencil to create the background.  Then I stamped part of the sentiment and instead of adding coffee, added this die cut word for Mr. Crab to lounge across.  I added a black layer to draw out the black in the sentiment and die. 

Last, but not least, is this sweet little bunny from the Easter Bounty set.  Can you imagine finding a prize so great?!



For this card, again, I started by coloring my main points of interest with my Copics.  I wanted spring pastels for the bunny and of course orange for the carrot.  Once I had them colored and cut so they would fit together, knew I had to utilize this cute carrot paper, so I die cut the rectangle.  Then I needed to add a neutral focal point so the carrot wouldn't blend into the paper, so I die cut these circles.  Once I had all the dies and layers together, I came back in and added the sentiment and the enamel dots.

Here is the hop line up:
Lisa Mensing
MaryAnn Samuelson


PRIZES: If you comment on all the blogs along the way, you will be eligible to win 1 of 2 $10 Gift Certificates to the store.  Winners will be announced on March 4th on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog.

Stamps can be purchased now and BONUS!...for US customers with orders totaling $25 or more before taxes shipping will be free.

Supplies used can be found HERE.







For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these places:



Thank you so much for visiting today!

32 comments:

Lisa said...

Loving your cards Katie, the flamingo scene is my favorite!

The Rabbit Hole Designs said...

Kaite such adorable cards! Thank you for all your hard work.

2craftykaties said...

LOVE all o your cards! they are adorable! I can't wait to get mine!

Katherine said...

Love the crab! Simple but perfect!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Oh my goodness!! I love your cards, Katie! That sweet bunny card is my fave! Too cute!

Lisa Elton said...

Their groggy eyes are too much fun!! Love the sweet bunny hugging her carrot. These are fabulous Katie!

~amy~ said...

awwww...these are so much fun Katie! Love that crab :) Your easter card is darling too!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Oh wow, Katie!!
You totally rocked these stamps!!
I am loving each of your cards..hard to pick a favorite, but I think I'm going with the crab, and that fabulous background!!
Thanks for inspiring!!
Congrats on making the DT, teamie ;)

VanessaB said...

your cards are AMAZINGLY designed. I just love them all!! awesome job showcasing the new releases :)

Becca Yahrling said...

That poor bee is grumpy, isn't he?! Need to get him a whole pot of coffee soon. lol Your cards are all awesome. Your bunny card is the sweetest!

Amber MacMurtry said...

Oh. My. Goodness! These are all so fabulous! I think the crab one is my favorite out of this bunch--although I love the subtle nod to hexagons with that background die on the bee card. Very clever!

Lucille K said...

Your cards are wonderful. Love the new stamp sets from Rabbit Hole, especially the Flamingo :)

Larelyn said...

Such a fun release!

Jerrie said...

Such cute cards! I am loving this release!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OH these are all so super cute!

Michele K. Henderson said...

These are all smooch fun! I love that crabby before anything card! TOO CUTE!

sharon g said...

The flamingo card is SO CUTE. The scenery is perfect, yet he is SO TIRED!

Mirella said...

All of your card designs are amazing, and your colouring is fab, too!

Shanna Slater said...

Fabulous! I really adore the scene card too!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love your flamingo scene and the darling bunny with carrot paper! SO CUTE

Carrie said...

These are all so cute!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome new designs! Love your delightful cards! The Caffeinated Bee is fabulous, and I love the flamingo too! Cute crab and bunny designs!

JessicaK said...

Absolutely beautiful coloring skills, wow

Lynnea Hollendonner said...

Love these! They're so fabulous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I must say this release is my absolute favorite! Love the fun cards!

Scrapper69 said...

Totally LOVED your cards! My fav is that Crabby before Anything one! hahaha So CUTE!

Theresa

Kelly said...

love those coffee card. the flamingo scene is fantastic!

Indy's Designs said...

These are spectacular! You've showcased them wonderfully!

Dania said...

OH that flamingo! Too funny. Great work and I love the coloring of your blog.

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

Katie, love your cards, that crab is awesome with that background, the dimension for your flamingos, the cute Easter card, that carrot is perfect for your frame.... they are all wonderful

Robin said...

I love the crab...your cards are so colorful

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Absolutely nailed every single image. That Flamingo is my fav for sure, maybe the Crab, or the Bee. Ok I love them all