Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Rabbit Hole Designs- We are Family

Hello and welcome back to day 2 of The Rabbit Hole Designs April release blog hop! 

The best news is that products are available in the shop NOW!  And they are offering FREE shipping on orders of $25 or more before taxes (US orders only, exclusions apply, no code necessary). 

Today we are spotlighting We Are Family.  



Here are my two cards side by side so you can see they are a pair.  



Now here is my first card solo, and you can see it is an interactive card. 









Here is how I made it:


  • I stamped my image using my Misti and created a mask using a post-it for the portion using the baby.  Then I stamped it again so I had one for the father and one for the baby.  
  • I colored the images with my Copics and then cut them out fussy style.
  • I pulled out my cloud paper and die cut it using a wonky stitches die.  Then I stamped the sentiment in the upper corner. 
  • Next I cut the in the sky slot using a slider die.  I them created my own slider mechanism and placed the baby on the slider.  I hand wrote pull on the pull tab.  
  • I mounted this on the light blue (so it looks like sky behind the baby) and seperated them using foam tape 
  • I created a paper pieced shirt for dad.  Die cut the grass and placed him in the scene. 
  • Lastly, I mounted the scene on the base. 
Here is my second card: 



The process for this card is mostly the same, but in this scene there is no slider.  I paper pieced the girls shirt and the kite and added the extra kit string with my black Copic pen. 

I hope you enjoyed them, they are so cute and I had so much fun making them!  

Don't forget the prizes!  The Rabbit Hole Designs is celebrating day 2 of the hop by giving away this amazing set.  Comment on the blogs on the way by 11:59 pm PST on 3/28/19.  Winners will be announced on TRHD blog on 3/29/19.

Here is the hop line up:

The Rabbit Hole Designs Blog Lisa Golzbein Katie Brooks- You are here Maria Russell Lynnea Hollendonner Amanda Stevens Martha Lucia Gomez Lisa Blanton Mensing MaryAnn Samuelson

Thanks for visiting and have a great day! 

Supplies: 
Gina Marie Grass Die
Amuse Cloud Paper
Memory Box Slider Die


18 comments:

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Lovely cards Katie, the slider card is genius!!!

Lisa Mensing said...

Very creative use of this stamp! Love it!

Lisa said...

Another day of beautiful cards Katie! I'm in love with those gorgeous backgrounds not to mention that adorable interactive card!

Lisa Elton said...

These are cute Katie! Love the little fella on the slider!!

Katherine Briggs said...

LOVE the bouncing baby!! What a great idea! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are both so adorable

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Such sweet cards!! Love how you added the interactive element to the first one... perfect!!

Tricia A Podmore said...

Oh my I can almost hear them talking while sitting under the clouds. The daddy card would make a great first dad card or an announcement card of baby on board. What super amazing inspiration

sharon g said...

THE SLIDER is such a cute idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Soooooo cute! I love that it's interactive and the dad can actually throw up the baby!!!

Jean said...

Simply darling! Reminds me of my granddaughter!

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness!! I love that you matched them and I really love the idea of the slider with the baby! Genius! Such beautiful cards and creativity! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I’m blown away!! Very adorable cards!!

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my!!! I'm totally in love for your super cutie cards!!!

Macimbalo said...

So cute and I love your use of this new amazing set! Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: Cute cards. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

Andre M. said...

Your scenes are so delightful, so creative to have the baby as a slider element. Thanks for sharing this inspiration with these fun products.

Denise Bryant said...

Delightful cards with these sweet designs! Fun set!