Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Krafty Chicks- Border Stamps



Hey!  Welcome back to another week of the Krafty Chicks Challenge!  So far, I have been having a ton of fun guesting and the team has been so welcoming!

Now for this week's challenge.  This time around we are playing with border stamps!  Here is what I whipped up:



It is as good a time as any to start making holiday cards and I had the perfect border stamp to use here. Here is how I made it:


  • I started by stamping my Simply Celebrate Lawn Fawn border across the top of my white Copic- friendly cardstock. 
  • Next, I colored the images using my Copics (see list below).
  • After my houses were done, I added elements from the Ready, Set, Snow set.  I colored those too. And added blue shadows to the ground and a blue sky. 
  • I stamped my snowpeople on a seperate sheet and colored them and cut them out with my snips and set them aside. 
  • I stamped the sentiment from the Snow Cool sentiment.
  • Next, I ran my scene layer through my Big Shot with my Wonky Stitches Die. I mounted that on a white card base.
  • I added my snowpeeps using foam tape so they were popped out.  
  • I brought my white gel pen back in and made some accents.
  • Lastly, I added some Frost Shimmer Stix to make it all shimmer. 
It took me a big longer than I expected, but it was fun. Here is one more view:



Please head on over to the Krafty Chicks blog and join us for this week's challenge! 

Thanks for visiting today!

Supplies Used:




1 comment:

Nance said...

Super fun card, Katie! I love your houses, they're so colorful and fun! Great scene! Glad you're guesting with us this month! xx