Sunday, May 24, 2020

Coffee Lovers Hop Day 3

Welcome to Day 3 of the Coffee Hop.  This post features Super Sponsor Gerda Steiner Designs and Ellen Hutson.  I wanted to share a fun and bright card today with an adorable critter.  


Seriously right?  This guy is beyond cute and makes me want to squeal.  Here are the details:


  • I took care to color him just so with my Copic markers.  It took a bit of time but was fun and I like the result.  I used a glossy pen on his nose to create that shine and then highlighted with a white paint pen. \
  • Rather than having him pop out of a hole, I thought I'd have him pop out of a coffee cup.  So I used this cup from Spellbinders die cut in a fun and bright green.  I added the pink heart on the front.  
  • I wanted to continue the bold color trend so I pulled out a bit of blue paper and used an embossing folder from Taylored Expression.  
  • I mounted the blue on the white base and then mounted the cup and gopher inside. 
  • I stamped the sentiment on a tag in brown ink and tied it up onto the card with some pink twine. 


Well thanks for coming back again today.  I hope you like this darling guy and let me know if you wanna "gopher a coffee."   Don't forgot to come hop along and join the fun!



Supplies:




11 comments:

Lady Joyful said...

This is so cute! Lovely design.

CarlavdM said...

What a lovely card have you made with indeed this cute Gopher, it made me smile.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute!

Billie A said...

So cute.. Love Gerda Steiner images and you created a cute cute card.

New Creations said...

So adorable!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cutie. I love this card.

Lisa Elton said...

I agree, he's ADORABLE!! Super cute card Katie!

* Shell B.* said...

Super cute caffeinated creation!!

Fikreta said...

That is super cute card!
Hello from Coffee lovers blog hop!

Fikreta said...

this is so wonderufl card!
Hello from Coffee lovers blog hop!

Lisa said...

So adorable!