Saturday, May 23, 2020

Spring/Summer CLC Hop- Day 2

Welcome back to day 2 of the Spring/Summer Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog Hop!  Today I have a fun card featuring products from another Super Sponsor- Whimsy Stamps.


This card is not for the coffee drinkers, but for all the tea drinkers out there.  Sweet-tea or otherwise. And, the character in this card is just so cute!


Isn't he the most darling little ant.  I am not a bug lover, but I'd hang out with this cutie; invite him to my picnic.

Here is how I made it:

  • Started by stamping the image from the Ant You Sweet Stamp Set on Copic friendly paper.  I colored all the bits with my Copics. 
  • I fussy cut it out, not including the shadows and used a black liner to go around the edges of the image.  
  • Next, I added some highlights with a white gel pen and glossy accents to the ant's eyes, ice cubes and parts of the lemon. 
  • I set that aside to dry and went about working on my background.  I pulled out some Echo park cloud paper for the backdrop.  
  • Already, I had a bit of olive green paper with a grass cut edge, it was the negative edge, but you can't really tell, so I mounted it on the cloud.  Then I used this scrap of picnic looking paper and placed in on top of that. 
  • After that I used the Sweet Word Die and Celebrate Word Die and cut them out in black foam.  I mounted the Sweet and then used bits of the Celebrate to make the -Tea portion of Sweet-Tea.  
  • I stamped the sentiment slightly above it. 
  • Lastly, I used foam tape to mount the main image into the scene. 


I really think the foam words make the scene pop.  And the glossy accents add that nice sheen to bits that should have it. 


Well, I hope you like this card for day 2 of the hop.  Thanks for visiting and come back tomorrow for another fun creation. I hope you will join in on the hop too and can't wait to see what you make. 

Supplies Used:





8 comments:

New Creations said...

Party time foe a cute bug, great design!

Lady Joyful said...

Such a sweet card! Great little scene.

Billie A said...

So cute. Fun images and scene. Great colors.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

What a fun scene! Love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design and scene.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my gosh, what a great summer card! It reminds me of one of our nephews. When he visits from NC he says "Ya'll got any sweet tea?"!!

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous caffeinated creation!!

Lisa said...

Adorable! Love this!