Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"Christmas is coming the goose is getting fat....

...please put a penny in the old man's hat. If you haven't got a penny then a haypenny will do. If you haven't got a haypenny then God Bless you!"


This is a line from a Christmas song I remember from my childhood. I don't know why but it popped in my head this am when I was about to do this post, so I guess I am in the spirit. If you are wondering what a haypenny is, it is like a half penny or two farthings; an old English term. Given that, I don't think I need to tell you this song is English. :)


Anyway, now this song will be running through my head all day, which is fine because I am ready to get in the Christmas Spirit! You'd be proud of me, or at least I am proud of me, maybe you could care less, but I have over half my shopping done for Christmas already!!!! Whoo-hooo! Now I just have to finish all the custom card orders and stuff for the craft fair I have been working on in the next two weeks- ahhhhhh!


Here are some of the cards I have put together as of late which you might see at the craft fair if you are there (Fred Hutch Craft Fair) or you might get in the mail from me. :D


This first card grouping is all SU with the exception of the pine branch stamp. I picked that up at the local stamp store, couldn't resist, and on it you'll see some red stickle berries for fun. Other than that it is all SU!- I've used the following:


Old Olive, Certianly Celery, Very Vanilla and Real Red CS

Merry Moments DSP (which the more I use the more I LOVE)

Garden Green Ink

1 3/8" circle punch (the real red half circle)

Real Red 1/4" Grossgrain ribbon

Snail


I am happy how this turned out and the next little card as well. This next one started as a project for my advanced technique class this last week. We were focusing on how to use Crystal Effects among other things and this is one of the ways to use it and one of the items we made. Check it out:



I've used Whisper White CS as my base, which I rarely do, but added some snowflakes in the Bermuda Bay Color. The crystal effects is on the ice cube after I added some light blue outlining. You'll see the close up below.




Supplies for this card are:


Animal Crackers Stamp Set and Snow Buddies Stamp Set (snowflakes)

Whisper White and Bermuda Bay CS

Holiday Lounge DSP

Basic Black ink with Only Orange and Bashful Blue and Bermuda Bay Markers

Crystal Effects


OK, thanks for stopping by today. Hope you enjoyed!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super, super cute, Katie! Love these! Good luck on your events!