Monday, July 23, 2012

Stretching your stamps


This card wasn't even planned, I was just playing around with that platypus from Lawn Fawn's Critter's Down Under set and was trying out the mirror technique.  I had no plan in mind when making this card, but little by little it came together. I used a whole slew of LF sets, six to be exact!  That's right, SIX!  Here they are:

  • The platy's you know- Critter's Down Under
  • The log and sentiment came from Critter's in the Forest
  • The cloud- Bon Voyage
  • The little cloud puffs and the bow came from Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-Pum
  • The bigger heart came from Critter's Ever After
  • The little hearts came from Cruising Through Life
As this creation came to life, I was wanting to use this patterned paper in the backdrop because again, this one had the inspiration photo for Lawnscaping's Challenge written all over it.  Just like in the picture, I actually originally wanted to use it for a little bow tie to make a little boy platypus, but it didn't quite work out that way.  Despite that, I think this card turned out really fun. What do you think of my girl platy's lips?  :)

Obviously I was pretty impressed with myself by using these stamps in so many ways.  That just makes the stamps so much more valuable; being able to use them for something other than what they are.  The possibilities are just endless.  What other uses can you see?  What else can I use some of these stamps for?  I would love to hear your ideas!  I've got one to leave you with too- that smallest little cloud puff would make a perfect piece of popcorn don't you think?!

Happy Monday all!

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Just love this – very creative.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

Samantha Mann said...

i think your card is absolutely adorable!!! love it!!! :)

lenny said...

What an adorable card!!
Love everything about it!!!
Very cute!!!!!!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Aw, cuteness! Love how you add bow to the girl platypus. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping. :)

Elena said...

hee hee! love it! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at lawnscaping :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute, Katie! You did a fantastic job reverse stamping the platypus. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Paper Smooches August Release Hop!