Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sweet Kanga

So what do you think of this card?  I LOVE the patterned paper and colors.  The one patterned paper with the flowers in the backdrop and for the kangaroo is what inspired this card.  I was looking at the inspiration photo for Lawnscaping Challenge #38 and I thought of this fun bright paper from Cosmo Cricket. So I just had to make another challenge card and I was also in Love with this week's Mojo Monday sketch, so why not combine them!?!

And if I haven't said I love certain aspects of this enough, I love that little Kanga pair!  OMG they are cute and it was super fun to use my new Lawn Fawn set Critters Down Under.  That Kanga actually reminds me of one that my good family friend made for me when I was a tot.  It was floral pattered, just like this one.  It had a sweet baby in the pouch that you could take out and play with and best of all it was about 2 and a half feet tall!  Bigger than me at the time I got it.  Awww, such a sweet memory.  I still have that Kanga (and yes, I am pretty sure that was her name, I am super imaginative!) at my Dad's house, waiting for me to pick it up one day. :)  Maybe I'll save this birthday card for Laurie's b-day and return the love. :D :D

I'll have one more for the Lawnscaping Challenge tomorrow, so hop back by! :)


Note- most of the other colors and papers were provided by Stampin' Up

4 comments:

{Chrissie} said...

I love how you mixed and matched patterns - they all work so well together!!!

Tamara said...

Lovely card, great papers! Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping :) xx Tamara

jenn shurkus said...

really fun card! thank you for playing a long with lawnscaping!!

Christiana said...

Oh, I love that Kanga and Roo too! I can't wait to ink them up. Fun card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!