Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CAS-ual Friday's Challenge

Just a quick post this evening as I have to get packing.  We are headed to Eastern Washington to visit family over the 4th of July and are leaving tomorrow right after work.  But first, my CAS-ual Friday challenge post!

The deadline for the CAS-ual Friday Challenge is usually on Thursday, but due to the holiday in the US they are bumping it up to Wednesday.  I can't say I blame them, everyone deserves a little time off!  The challenge this week was Hunger Games, all creations must include at least one arrow.  If you've read this book you know that symbolism is represented in not only in the arrow but also in the Mockingjay.  So, I tried to incorporate the bird as well.  Here is what I made.  Pretty CAS for me, the DP covers most of the creation and I embossed the bird.  Other than that I just stamped the sentiment on a banner and added the button and arrow with twine- wahlah!  Hope you likey

On that note, have you read the Hunger Games?  Fab set of books if you like that kind of read.   I myself do.  Since having a kiddo and work, etc. reading offers a little escape, so I mostly like fiction and nothing overly serious or depressing.  Anyway, these were filled with action, imagination and of course the good vs. evil element. I am looking forward to the 2nd movie when it comes out.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for another fun post with some awesome crafty news.... :)

6 comments:

Deb said...

Katie, great design. I love the button and arrow together. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kara Lynne said...

There's so much movement with your background and the bird. That little arrow and button combo in the O is genius!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

UUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I love love love this card! I LOVE the paper with the gold bird with the arrow embellie-- OH MY! This is a winner for sure!

UHH... never read the book and I never watched the video. I guess I will put that on my list of things to do this summer... or Fall since time is flying:)

~amy~ said...

okay, LOVE!

Kelly Griglione said...

What a wonderful design on your card! The placement of the golden bird, and the arrow over the button on the "o" are so interesting. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

Unknown said...

beautiful shabby chic design Katie! the colors are textures are gorgeous