Wednesday, July 31, 2013

When pigs fly

Good Morning!  Thank goodness for coffee or I wouldn't be able to post this early....EVER! That would not do though, because this is my last post as a Guest Designer over at Hambo Stamps for the Hambo Hoedown.  Sniff, sniff, sniffle... :(  I don't want it to end, I've been having so much fun over there.  The team and the coordinator was great, the challenges fun and the stamps are awesome!   I can only hope that they will invite me back to play again one day.

This weeks challenge was to use eyelets.  That is a hard one for me, I don't often use eyelets.  The last time I used them was to make a flip-flop card and prior to that probably over a year ago.  I took my cues for this card layout from Retro Sketch #74.  I believe the xxx's are intended to represent a sentiment, but I decided to use them as my eyelets.  For my image I used Hambo Stamps Floating Pig.  This is a perfect parting digi stamp because, well it's a pig (as is Hambo's Logo) and it is floating away as if to say goodbye, though I had to provide a couple of extra balloons to keep him buoyant- LOL!  I LOVE this image, it is one of my very favorite from their digi library.  Oh wait, I also love all the monsters...and fish...and birds...and Bailey... and Wee Henry.  :)

So won't you pick one and come play this challenge with us.  You can grab some bragging rights if you win and each week you play you get the next week's digi release for free!  AWESOME!

Now onto today's Question of the Day- The other day I was dancing around trying to kill a wee-tiny spider about the size of a typical sequin (I know, the crafting reference  helps you visualize) because it was #1- near my craft stuff (BIG NO-NO!) and #2- creeping around on eight legs giving me the hebie-jebies .  I was trying to smash it with my computer power cord/battery (isn't that what they are for?!) and kept missing because it was in a corner.  I was totally freaked!  Eventually I got it- BOO-YAH!  So, what critters, bugs, etc. are you afraid of and why?

Thank you again Hambo for having me!  It has truly been a pleasure!

PS- Only two days left to enter my giveaway here!

17 comments:

cm said...

Charming card - and using eyelets - now that's a challenge! You've totally rocked it here! Sweet design, and balloonly-buoyant piggy is just too darn cute!! Bugs that creep me out are the multi-legged centipede-y critters that run along the edges of basement walls. Ickers! Bug-shiver! Have a fantastic day - and based on your day-brightening post, I'm sauntering over to the Hambo site..
c

Deborah Anton said...

Super cute Katie! This is a perfect sketch for this image! It was wonderful having you with us this month and seeing your creations!

Chunyuan said...

cute, cute, cute.
I don't like any bugs.

wienerhoneymooners said...

I am going to revisit Hambo too!!

Inwardly I freak when I see centipedes, I think because, we'll because of everything about them, earwigs too-- ackypoo . Outwardly, I act casual like no big deal!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

PS..
I really look forward to your quirkiness question of the day! It is like the Fun anticipation I get when I pop open a snapple and know I will find a fun fact!!!

Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Great job Katie! It has been so much fun having you on the team this month! You definitely get our sense of humor! I agree with you about eyelets - I had to dig deep in the drawer to find them; however, when I did, amazingly enough there enough to allow a small country to each have one... Oh well.
DON'T be a stranger!!
Lyn

Rose said...

lol girl this is too funny!!!! :)

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Well Katie....me being a fully affiliated arachnophobe, I totally get your dilemma,, I once killed a spider the size of my head!!!! (I also exaggerate a million times more than I should) anyway, I killed it by pouring bleach on it, cruel, I know, I phoned my friend in a panic and she rushed over to my house thinking I had murdered someone as I sounded that distraught...(distraught because I had to get so close to pour the bleach on it....and did I mention the size of it!!!) Anyway,your card is a cutie, I have loved seeing your work and hope to see more of you. :)

~amy~ said...

Love how you've colored that fun pig! Such a fun card and I've totally enjoyed your Hambo cards!

Dude, we all hate bugs in my household...spiders and flies...ick

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hee hee. There's not much better than flying pigs. Fab coloring on the balloons--I always find balloons hard to color, and I'm impressed by yours. Your fussy cutting is amazing, too. That's too bad your Hambo time is ending because you're awesome with the stamps. :) Bugs...most don't bother me but roaches definitely do. Yech!

Anonymous said...

OH MY! I absolutely love the polka dot paper as the background with those polka dot clouds!! And that pig--- TOOOOOOOOO CUTE:) I love your coloring, KA!! You nailed this sketch!!! FUN!

ps... thanks for leaving some love on my blog while I was away with family/vaca. YOU made my week!!! HUGS!!! <3

Kelly Griglione said...

Oh so charming card!! Especially love the dotted clouds. AND, I have two boys, so I love all bugs ... especially the ones that they bring me : )

jimlynn said...

This is absolutely precious!!!! Love that image from Hambo and your card is fantastic.
Bugs.........yep, spiders are probably the creepiest - but then, so are most all bugs!
Lynn

Jeannie said...

This is a favorite image of mine too and I love the polka dot embossed clouds!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Unknown said...

OMG it's a floating pig! I love him!!!

My fear of bugs comes from the possibility of them getting into my ears or nose or eyes...it becomes a total episode for me.

I had rushed out of the shower the other night because my cat was making a weird crying sound...I thought she was in the throes of death...she was stalking an earwig...

I saw it, freaked and "PICKED IT UP" (ugh), ran out onto my deck, threw it, all the while screaming like a little girl. Oh! I was naked too. How fun! Not. Many of my neighbors have since installed curtains. LOL

Patrice said...

That is just too cute - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-231.html

Unknown said...

CUTE card! That image is priceless and I love the colors you used :)