Saturday, August 8, 2015

Birthday Blog Hop....

Today is a special day! I know a lucky ladies that is having birthday's today! Some of the PNW ladies are having a blog hop for Ms. Amy Tsuruta!!!!



If you don't know Amy, you should, she is a delight! She is cute, perky, super crafty and just an all amazing friend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!

Here is what I made for this lovely friend of mine.



This card features Altenew's Persian Motifs. This set is extra special because Amy gave it to me. I embossed the images white on watercolor paper. I used gelatos and a watercolor pen to apply the color lightly. The gelatos were great because I was able to use just a tiny amount of pigment to add loads of color. I had no intention of fussy cutting it all out, but that is just how it evolved. I love the color against the Kraft paper coupled with the Neat and Tangled sequins. The sentiment, perfect for Amy, is from Mama Elephant.

Please visit the other ladies on the hop and then visit Ms. Amy and wish her the happiest of birthdays!

Katie  <<< you are here
Vicki  
Amy ← Birthday Girl!

10 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wonderful just like you Katie!!!! So great we are all crafty friends!!!!!

~amy~ said...

Girl, this is GORGEOUS...check out all that glorious fussy cutting!!!! WOW! Love the contrast between the colors and the kraft base! Way to work those bloom, the sequins are perfect! You are simply my dear friend and I wish that we could still meet up for lunch time walks! Miss you bunches and thank you for your wonderful friendship.

Annette Allen said...

WOW this is gorgeous.. those flowers look amazing..

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty, Miss Lady!!

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Katie! Amy is going to love this!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow this is beautiful! I bet Amy loves it~

tonyamaries said...

OMGosh this is awesome Katie! I can't believe you cut all of that out! Way to go! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Laura Norris said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!! I have never tried gelatos, but you did an amazing job!

Toni said...

This is gorgeous! I love those altenew stamps and what you've done with them!

Kathryn Lorenzini said...

Lovely! The font works so beautifully with those blooms! Way to fussy cut!! Hope your summer has been as beautiful as this card. Really hope we can see each other soon! xo