Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Waving Hello

Hi Friends.  I need to share all my summer cards before it is officially fall.  So I am here today sharing this one, that I plan to entering into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge


Isn't she sweet?  I love that darling face.  I stamped her out on my watercolor paper and used my Zigs to color her.  Once she dried, I came back in with my Zigs again to add some scales and shadows. Again, when dry, I added highlights using my white siglo gel pen.  I set aside to dry.  I cut out a base using my Avery Elle Wonky Stitches die and added some blue using my SN Sparkle Pens.  Set aside to dry.  I cut the waves out using my MFT stitched wave dies and colored them using layers of distress ink with some white craft ink at the top to look like the foamy tops of the wave.  When the background layer was dry, I came back in with a Hero Arts sentiment and sun and added the yellow.  After that I assembled my layers and placed them all on a yellow backdrop.

Here is the full view.


It is a big out of my comfort zone, but I am happy to say I am pleased with the outcome. 

Thanks for your visit friends.

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've colored the mermaid! The waves are fun too. This is adorable Katie!

Lin said...

She's adorable, and I love your play on words, Katie! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!