Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fall Breeze and Autumn Leaves

It has been so blustery here in the PNW the last few days.  Hard rain and leaves falling everywhere.  Time to sit inside, read a book and surf Pinterest.  The other day I was doing just that and I came across a quote about art and seasons that resonated with me. 

Winter is an etching, 
Spring a watercolor, 
Summer an oil painting and
Autumn a mosaic of them all. 
~Starley Horowitz

Beautiful isn't it?  It didn't inspire me to make this card, but it inspired me to share it with you today. 



I made this card with this Lawn Fawn Jump for Joy set in mind.  This set is so cute and not inked up nearly enough by me.  I stamped and colored my images with my Copics.  Although I adore these critters, I think I adore the rake equally as much, lol, it is just cute!  Anyway, I cut them out and set them aside.  Next I worked up this background using my Ranger distress inks and an Echo Park leaf stencil.  I love the way it looks, the mosaic of all the seasons....  I came back in and stamped my tree branches and sentiment.  I had stamped some leaves on a separate sheet and used distress inks on those, then cut them out and popped them up on the page. Finally, I put my 4 X 5.25 inch later on top of my base. 

Here is a close up of the cutie critters (and rake- wink):




Well I hoe you enjoyed this post, I truly enjoyed making it!

Entering this into: 

Simon Say's Monday Challenge- create your own background
CAS on Friday

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet autumn card! Very cute Katie!

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful card! I love your background of autumn leaves and those little critters are adorable 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I absolutely love this card and as an English major, I also appreciated the lovely seasonal quote you included! The thing I like most about your card is how you arranged those leaves. They add such a great sense of movement to your scene and I could almost feel them falling through the air. The coloring you did is amazing and the whole thing came together perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!