Thursday, November 15, 2018

Season's Greetings

I am hoping to get 65-80 holiday cards done before Mid November and I am making decent progress, I have about 35 done.  Here is one of the cards I just made: 


For this card I started by stamping and coloring the image.  I love the old wood paneled wagon and the reason I bought this stamp.  Yep, that is a wood stamp, I still use those occasionally!  I knew this would look great against this Carta Bella DP so I cut that down to 4 X 5.25.  Once I knew those two layers were in play, I decided to cut this circle from SugarPea Designs to place between the image and the plaid paper.  Lastly, I figured black paper and a black sentiment would really make this pop, so I pulled out this SU! cardstock and created the base and cut the sentiment, which is a die from X-cuts.  

I think this is a fun, old fashioned looking holiday card.  I created this to play along with the current challenge at The Card Concept, being inspired by the plaid and car with a tree pillows. 



I'd say it is a mixture of clean and layered and shabby chic... but maybe I am wrong... lol, style do you think it is? 

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What style...that of the fabulous kind!!

Susan Powell said...

This is great! LOVE the old car and your coloring too. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

~amy~ said...

This is awesome Katie, congrats on the shout out!