Sunday, April 26, 2020

Color Throwdown

Yesterday I did a virtual zoom with some crafty friends.  It had been months since I had seen them and it was fun to connect and craft together, even if virtual.   We decided to play with the Color Throwdown Challenge.


Here is the card I made for the challenge:


I am a slow crafter, but this didn't take me too long to make considering that I actually had a moderate plan in mind before I made it. And here's how:

  • I stamped the Dir-Tea Bunny Stamp on Copic Friendly Paper and used my Copics to color it. Then I used the Dir-Tea Bunny Die Set.  I love that it cuts out the hands so they can hold things. 
  • Next, I stamped the wagon from Forest Friends and colored that as well.  I used the Forest Friends Dies cut for the wagon, the wheels and the handle.  I added some highlights with my white gel pen. 
  • I was thinking this was like a mother's day card, which is why I put little bunnies from the Dust Bunnies Stamp and coordinating Die Set into the wagon.  To go along with that theme I did the coffee cup with the no sweeping symbol on it. 
  • I set all my characters aside and worked on the background.  First I cut a bit of white cardstock to 4 X 5.25 and used the Catching Some Rays Stencil with my Blending Buddy and distress oxides to create the sun. 
  • Then I die cut some grass with the Slimline Scenic Borders set.  I used distress inks to color it and spritzed it with water. 
  • Next I went about placing my scene together and layering all the items and placing them on navy cardstock.  
  • Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Springtime Sentiments on some kraft cardstock and cut it using the Sending Hugs Die banner.




I think a mom would like this card.  Enjoying time with her little dust bunnies in the sunshine as opposed to doing chores.  What do you think?


I enjoyed making this card and working with the colors.  My grass color is a little off, but hopefully they won't mind.

Hope you like it too!  Oh, and this is one more entry for the Trinity Crafty Troop Challenge.

Thanks for visiting and here is my list of supplies for today:

 



Dust Bunnies Stamp    Coordinating Die Set   Forest Friends Dies








2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Aren't they cute! This is darling Katie!

Wanda Cullen said...

Sweet spring scene and how great that you got to create it while visiting with a group of fellow crafters! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!