Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Fiesta?


OK, I know we can't really have a party right now, but maybe an at home fiesta?  May is coming up so maybe a little Cinco de Mayo beverage and food?  Today's card might inspire you a little. ;)

This is from the recent Whimsy Stamps mini release.



To make this I stamped and colored my Cactus from the Cute Cactus Stamp Set with black ink.  The Copics I used to color it- G09, 03, G00, W03, W0, Y35, Y38, E15).  I stamped the pot on yellow paper and used the Festive Edger Die set to imprint a design into it and mounted it with the cactus on this die cut circle. I stamped the sentiment on black with versamark and used white embossing powder to make it pop.  I set that aside.  Next, I cut a series of strips of paper in various colors (orange, yellow, green, red) and I again used the Festive Edger Die set to imprint a pattern on them.  Then I adhered them all together on a base.  Next I used the Peekaboo Window Die to cut out the rectangle with the stitched edges. I mounted it on the black base and added in the circle and then the sequins.

Here is a close up of some of the details.  You can see the imprints and Mr. Cactus' cute face and hairdoo. The sequins really add an extra level as they pop against the black.


I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for visiting!


No comments: