Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Love you Fairy Much

Hi, hi!  I just wanted to pop in to share a cute card today that features some fun products from Trinity Stamps and Heffy Doodle. Heffy is having a CAS challenge on their facebook page so a one layer card seemed appropriate.


Aren't they cute!  Rainbows and fairies are pretty much meant to be. 

This card was pretty easy to make being one layer.  Here is how I did it:

  • I started with my white cardstock and used my A2 Foundations Circle Stencil set.  I used distress inks and my Blending Buddy to create blue center on the inside.  On the outside, I made it purple, fading to orange at the edges. I flicked a little water and let it dry. 
  • Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Absotoothly Adorable set onto the card.  
  • Then I stamped out the fairies and the wand on Copic friendly paper and colored them.  When coloring them, I did so in rainbow fashion on their outfits, half on each and a complete rainbow on the wand handle. I don't have the dies, so I used my Scan N Cut to cut them out.  I added sparkle pen to their wings and the wand and set them aside. 
  • I pulled out my Trinity Rainbow Die set and die cut the Rainbow a white clouds.  I arranged them in the circle just so and used foam tape to pop up the cloud. 
  • Next, I came back in and added some of the sparkles form the stamp set. 
  • Lastly, I added the sweet fairies with more foam tape.
Wahlah!  Simple and done!



I really do adore this combination of products, they are so complimentary and cute!

I am also entering this into the Double Trouble Challenge- Spring. 



Thanks so much for visiting!

Here are the supplies used: 




           Blending Buddy                  Rainbow Die Set           A2 Foundations Circle Stencil



6 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Katie, so glad you dropped by at Double Trouble. Love your background and just a great combination of dies and stamps to create your fairytale...adorable and fun card. Hope you come back soon to see what Thing 1, 2 and 3 are up to and see you soon at the Coffee Lovers BlogHop.

Melanie Hungerford said...

The ink blending makes such a great background, and I love how you brought out the rainbow colors into their outfits. Very nice card, thank you for joining us at Double Trouble!
Melanie

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, aren't they sweet! This is darling Katie!

Alyson Mayo said...

Oh, this is so darling! Love the fairies at each end of the rainbow! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Donna Scholz said...

Sweet fairy card, Kathie! Love all the detail, and the happy spring colors you used!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble this week!!! -Donna

LindaStampAndInk said...

Adorable little fairies. Thank you for sharing with Double Trouble Challenge #55.