Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gotta love a good screw up

Last weekend I had a Year in Cards Class, it went well and was fun. I had a few left over supplies after it was over (apparently I can't count- LOL!) and decided to make good use of them.

This first card is an adaptation of this card. I initially I was going to stamp monkeys on the upper portion of blue, but smudged the ink, so I had to cover it up! I decided to use this fun new cloud paper from the Sale-a-bration and cut a few out to add dimension. I used the giraffe from teh Fox & Friends set and the tiny owl from the saying on the previous card ("Thanks for {owl} you do) that comes from the Picture This hostess sett in the Occasions Mini. I quite like this card (rare that I like my own cards for more than an hour) and think I'll give it to my Dad for Father's day.

Next is a birthday card, again used from leftover supplies from this card. I am not overly thrilled about this one, but whateva!


Finally, I have created this hello card. I combined some of the leftover supplies from these two cards (#2 & #3)and some extra ribbon from the above card. I added a little bling to top it all off and wallah! I do like this one, so fun and bright.

Here is a close up of the bling.



So, moral of the story is, just because you screwed up or things are considered leftover, doesn't mean they can't be used! You know what they say, waste not, want not! :)

Thanks for stopping by- hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - your "screw up" is the best! It's so much better with dimentional clouds! And I adore the 3rd one and now wish I had that set to CASE! Great job on all 3!

Sam Woodruff said...

Very Cute Blog Katie Ann Love your name also...it's my nieces. Your cards are all lovely!
Now to answer your question on the purses, I have no tips, just do it. I did cause it was the very first time I have sewn and boy if you could see all the thread jumbles and mistake.I've become very good at ripping HEHE! Sorry, I'm not better help. Hugs