Monday, January 11, 2010

Three Cheers!

Is it the weather/gray skies, or perhaps my need to get away from Christmas colors, I dunno, but I made a few cards lately and I noticed that all have something in comon... they are all Blue and Yellow! In fact, now that I look at them, the Yellow paper is the same in all three- I was liking that paper this weekend (SU!'s The Write Stuff DSP), so I guess that is what's up.

First is a card I made for my brother for his birthday. You'll note the little "error, I'm sorry" in the corner, that is because, I am ashamed to say, it was a belated birthday card. Someone who makes cards should not send cards late, my cheeks are red like tomatoes. :( Sorry Brother!!!! Not that I think he looks at this blog anyway, but hope he knows I truly am sorry and love him. On the inside it says "Happy Birthday Human" and I added in a belated. I really love this stamp set, Lots of Bots, I think it is great for both genders, but it is nice to have something for the guys, they don't get much.


Next is this Little Boy Blue card I made for a baby shower I attended this weekend. I guess, again, I picked the colors b/c they were masculine, but not overly so- they could work for women too. I used my crystal effects to gel up the little oxygen bubbles and make them look real. I love the little Joy bit with the button in the middle- that's what the baby will bring (besides sleep deprivation! LOL!).

Finally, this last card if for my girlfriend Lindsay who recently found out she was prego. So very exciting for me as she is one of my closest friends! She doesn't know the sex yet and again, like I said above, I think these colors can go for either gender. Everything here is SU! except the stamps- ha! This is my PregoBella from Bella stamps. I like t his one cause I cut out the belly and put a dimensional behind it and it sticks out really far like a prego belly. :) Anyway, I had fun with this one using my SU! Watercolor crayons and blender pens. I also like the little diaper pin hanging from the ribbon.


Three Cheers for Joel, Kelley & Linds! You are all awesome!
Thanks for Stopping (TFS)!

1 comment:

Corie said...

These are so adorable!!