Friday, January 15, 2010

Occassions Mini Swap

I recently participated in a swap with other demonstrators consisting of only Occassions Mini stamps sets. There were some GREAT cards in this batch. I have selected a few of my faves to show you below:

First is a card that features the I {Heart} Hearts Stamp set. This card was created by (don't have it in front of me, will get back to you on this. I love this card for several reasons, first I really LOVE the color combo, so great isn't it. I also quite like how she has tucked multiple layers of ribbon onto one another, it just looks great!



Next, is a card by....(will provide later today) featuring the same stamp set and the three heart punch- so fun. I love they way the hearts are stacked and they are all popped up. She has used one of my favorite ribbons (Polka Dot Grossgrain), so sweet and it goes great with the embossing folder polka dots in the background! I also just love the new punch in the Sale-a-bration (SAB) catalog featured below. I just got one for free the other day and can't WAIT to use it!



Next is a card by Heather Hildebrant featuring Garden from the Heart. You can visit her at website here. Stay tuned though, she is working on revamping that and you'll see some great new stuff from her! Anyway I love the simple but lovely layout here, with the rounded corners. I also love the nice touch of the spiral punch on the edge that balances this card out so nicely. It is one of the few cards (along with mine) that wasn't valentines focused, love that and the spring feeling it gives.

Finally, I just wanted to give you a gander at my card which features Fox and Friends. Again, one of the very few cards that wasn't valentines focused and one of ONLY two cards with a masculine focus. I thought this was a good card for a boy's birthday or a new baby boy. I love this little stamp set, so cute. I had fun with this card, although a lot of cutting those squares to make 25 cards! Whew!


Anyhoo, still working on perfecting those pictures. Don't think the blue backdrop (behind cards) is the best; too dark. Anyway, hope to get better so the cards are good to look at! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of these are fantastic! I especially like the first one - I don't know, but it's just so elegant!