Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy Anniversary to my hubby!

Today is my 4th wedding anniversary!  Go me, go hubby, go us!  We've been together for 7 years now, not forever, but quite a while, and guess what?  I still love my hubby!!!! :) Tonight we are going on that cruise I mentioned in my last post.  With the tot around (referring to my kid here) we haven't done much celebrating of our anniversary over the last three years (no time, no money), so this one feels extra special and I am very excited to go on a date with my love.
I didn't, however, make my hubby a card.  Am I a bad wife?!?  :( I hope you don't think so.  I've come to learn that cards really aren't my hubby's thing and they aren't fully appreciated.  After 7 years together, I have finally get this (no I am not a slow learner! wink).  But even more importantly, I've learned not to take it personally or be offended by it, if my husband isn't into cards, that isn't about me.  I love my man for who he is and I can appreciate that it isn't his thing and that is OK.  I think, (and hope you agree) that is a sign of a good marriage; we understand eachother and love one another unconditionally just as we are. :) 
I will, however, show you the card "Sophie" made for Daddy for father's day this year, since I didn't get that one up at the time.  Even though I have learned cards aren't his thing, I still get some joy out of making them for him from time to time.  I know he loves this one, cause he loves that little bambino with all his heart. :) :)  We are some lucky ladies in the Brooks-Welch household!

ps- don't forget to leave a comment below and I'll send you an owl card. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, this is a perfect man-card! I'm sure he appreciated it...even if he's not into cards!