Thursday, July 9, 2020

More bee puns

Happy Thursday!  Who's ready for the weekend?  I was on Monday, lol. 

But enough about that.  I have another fun bee card for you today... complete with some classic literature and a bee pun. 


I wanted this guy to look a bit fuzzy, so I attempted to color him that way.  I am not 100% certain I achieved the look I was going for, but I like it none the less. 

Here is how I made it: 
  • Stamped my bee from Bizzy Bee Stamp Set and colored him with my Copics (C7, C5, C3, C1, 0, T6, Y15, Y13, YR23, R35, R14, BG10).  I added a few white highlights with a gel pen, cut him out and set him aside. 
  • Next, I created my white base background.  Then I used a border die with the Bizzy Bee Paper Pack and in a layer of rust paper to create the the setting for my bee. 
  • Then I die cut a white speech bubble from Comic Speech Bubbles.  I stamped my sentiment and added some shading and mounted on my card with some foam tape. 
  • I also mounted my bee with foam tape. 
  • Lastly, I added some black twine to wrap things up. 


Don't you like his dramatic flair?!  Also the paper is so darn cute. I hope you like it too! 

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

I love his dramatic flair, this is so dang cute!