Friday, July 10, 2020

Not your typical wedding card


Happy Friday!  Who's ready for some fun!?  I have a super fun and cute card to share today, it makes me BEYOND happy.  Lookie see:


BWAHAHA!  No, not your traditional wedding card, but super fun for a Bigfoot or outdoor lover.

This card actually took quite a bit of work with a lot of different products, but it was totally worth it.

Here's what I did:
  • I started by stamping and coloring my dual bigfoots from the Unbelievable Stamp Set twice, each slightly different colors (opposites).  For the gal, instead of stamping her mouth, I masked the mouth portion off and added the lips from the Monster Love Stamp Set and drew in the smile line and eyelashes.  I added lipstick prints on the boy.  Then I used the coordinating Unbelievable Die set to cut them both out. 
  • Next, I stamped out some flowers from the Let The Good Times Roll stamp set and Coordinating Die Set to create the floral crown.  I hand cut a vellum veil to add behind her.  
  • From the same stamp and set, I stamped a mushroom and some flowers for my scene, colored them and set them aside. 




  • Next, I created the background.  First the sky with some Tumbled Glass distress in and my Blending Buddy.  I die cut the sun in yellow from the Cloudy Day die and used Lemonade, Mustard and Ripe Persimmon to add some color.  I placed in in the background with some clouds. 
  • I used the Wonky Stitched Wilderness with some kraft CS for the mountains and added some extra color with markers. I used the Slimline Scenic Borders with green cs to create the grass. Once I put it all together, I cut it with a scalloped frame die. 
  • After the background was set, I added the trees, flowers and mushroom and then the bride and groom. 


Well that's all friends, hope you enjoyed this cute couple!  Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

The bride looks lovely but the groom looks a little unsure LOL!! This is fun Katie!