Thursday, July 9, 2020

Night Sky


Have anyone you are missing?  Well, then I have the perfect card for you and some new products to go with it!  Check out this sweet card I made using a new release from Whimsy Stamps


Isn't it sweet?!  It totally reminds me of Fievel, the mouse, from An American Tale (movie).  And if you don't know what I am talking about, you are just a spring chicken and look it up on google. ;) 

Here is how I made it. 

  • I started by stamping the background with the moon and stars from the brand new Soul Sisters set with Versamark and used Wow Embossing Powder to set it.  
  • Then I came in and used distress inks to create the sky (Wilted Violet, Chipped Sapphire) and Spritzed it a bit.  Then I came back in with a yellow colored pencil to make the moon pop. 
  • I set that aside and die cut the window using the Arched Window Die with a woodgrain paper. I mounted that and then shaped my card to match it. 
  • Then I used a bit of blue cardstock to create a window seat.  I used more of that and the Calico Paper Pack make another pillow.  I mounted them with foam tape. 
  • I stamped the girl and her bear.  I colored her with my Copics (E00, 02, 11, 13, 31, 33, 37, Y06, Y11, YR31, B23, B93), cut her out and mounted her.  
  • Inside I stamped the sentiment, "I count my lucky stars every time I think of you."




Anyway.... this is just a sweet and hart warming scene.  I wonder if she is wishing on a star, watching for Santa or thinking of a friend.  What do you think she is up to?

Check out this new release, it is worth it!

Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as sweet as it can be Katie, darling card!