Friday, August 14, 2020

Dare to Dream

Happy Friday!  I am so glad the week is over.  It was good, but grueling. BUT, you aren't here to hear all about that, you want to see the card I have to share today.  This card features new Whimsy Stamps


This lovely card features the new Fairy Dreams stamp set. The images are so sweet, but of them, this one is my very favorite.  I just loved the idea of a sweet fairy floating among the stars or dragonflies. 

I made this by stamping the image on white and coloring with my Copics.  I imagine real fairies would blend in with the environment, so I used earth tones.  I cut her out and put her aside.  Then I die cut a panel using the exterior portion of the Quilted Rainbow die.   I used distress inks to create the background as if it was a sunset or sunrise with a circle stencil.  You can see a bit of the reflection of the yellow in the water. Next, I stamped the image on the panel so that the water rings would be there. I went back in and darkened around the water ripples.  Then I added Liquid Pixie Dust to the scene for shimmer. I also added stars to the scene with another stencil.  I mounted my fairy and sentiment.  Then I mounted that on a navy blue base.  




Isn't she lovely?  She sure does make me believe in fairies. :)

I hope you like it and thanks for visiting today! 

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, how SWEET is she! This is darling Katie!