Thursday, August 20, 2020

Sugar Skull Cuties

Hey friends!  Today is another fun fabulous release from Whimsy Stamps


Today's card features the the brand new Sugar Skull Cuties Stamp set and coordinating die set.  This is a darling set that is just so sweet and lends itself to fun, bright colors.  For my card, I set the scene in a graveyard at dusky, just like you might imagine for Dia De Los Muertos. 

Here is how I made it:

I started by stamping and coloring my images with Copics and cut them out with the dies.  I loved picking vivid colors.  I used a tag die shaped like a tombstone and cut it in dark grey.  I wrote RIP on it and set it aside with the images.  Next, I used distress inks to color the background (Peacock, Wilted Violet, and Pickled Raspberry) and then used the Quilted Rainbow Inlaid Die to make the pattern on the background.  Next, I used more distress and the Grass and Cloud Edger Die for my grassy knoll.  I set the scene and mounted it all on black cardstock. 


I hope you like it and thank you for visiting!

No comments: