Monday, August 10, 2020

Whimsy Release- Spooks and Spells

Are you ready for fall yet?  I am decidedly NOT!  Summer didn't start here until after July 4th and so it is too soon to think of fall and school and all those things.  BUT, I am OK with some cute fall themed cards, sooo..... I am here today sharing a card from the Whimsy Stamps new release from today.  


Don't you just love this fun Halloween card?!  I have to say, I adore this new Slimline Stars die, it is pretty fabulous.  You'll note that i used the cut stars as confetti here.  
Here is how I made this: I started by using the die with black cardstock.  Next, I took a piece of white and used Lemonade, Pumpkin, Wilted Violet and Twisted Citron Distress inks of the pane.  Then, I added some Ink on 3 Liquid Pixie Dust to give it some shimmer.  I set that aside to dry.   See below for a look at the shimmer that provides.
After that was complete, I stamped several images from the new Spooks & Spells Stamp Set on Copic friendly paper.  Then I colored the image using my markers (C1, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, E13, E15, E44, E49, B000, BV08, BV13, BV17, V15, V17, G00, G14, BG18, YG91, YG95, YG97, YG06, YR02, YR04, YR07, Y13, Y15).  Once they were done I cut them out and used foam to mount them.  I added more sparkle to a few bits (bat wings and poison bottles).  I added some glossy accents to the bats eyes for a final touch. 

Pretty spooktacular right!? ;)


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

As much as I love fall, no I'm not ready yet because I know what follows it!! Your card, on the other hand, I'm ready for, it's adorable!!