Friday, September 12, 2014

Fill in your own sentiment


Happy Friday!!!!  


I am here to share a quick post today for a card I made for the Runway Inspired Challenge.  Whew, I haven't made much for a challenge in a while.  I'll be honest, I don't love this card but it feels good to participate! Yay!


Here is the inspiration:

and I made two VERY different cards for this challenge.  Card #1 is bold, bright and off he charts CA-RAZY!



I made this using embossing paste with a fun stencil.  I let it dry over night.  After it dried I used my Gelatos to add color to the top of the embossing paste.  I loved the look but it wasn't quite catchy enough for me, so I added some Stickles on top in certain places.  Once everything was dry, I cut it down to the size I wanted and adhered to my base (with some white behind).  I cut the "Be" from Simon Says Stamp die in white.  I like the idea of just having that as the sentiment and inside you can finish it off with whatever you want.

Card #2 is CAS and has mostly washi on it with just a little paper and a few gems.



I am also linking these cards up to Simon Says Stamp-tember Blog Hop Challenge



What do you think?  Which one do you like better?

9 comments:

Deepti said...

Awesome cards :) love the detailing on ur first card !

cm said...

Katie, both cards are eye-catching amazing! Love the colourful pattern combo of the first, and the sleekness of the second. Fabulous!!
Hugs~c

~amy~ said...

Yay for crafty time! I love them both! Awesome work.

Lindsay said...

I love the bright bold pattern on this card! The papers slightly rolled back, make it extra fab! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous pair of cards and I love that both have such a style all their own.

Suzanne C said...

I can really see the inspiration in both cards but the graphic design on the first one really emulates the fashion design. Beautiful cards and love your washi tape design! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Flubidoo said...

Both cards are awesome Katie - the artiness of the first one, and the clean and simple look of the second - both qualify massively for the Runway Inspired Challenge - thanks for playing along ;-)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Both cards are so cool! I love the bold, bright (and crazy!) one, and the 2nd card is very modern. Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Tracey McNeely said...

Katie you never cease to amaze me, you always try something new and so cool. Love your washi creation and your embossing paste/gelatos/stickles creation? Really amazing!