Thursday, September 18, 2014

Inspiration is everywhere

Recently at work, one of my coworkers work the most beautiful scarf.  the light colored scarf with bits of pastel and bright pink was so eye catching and looked lovely on her.  I decided then and there that I would model a card after it...so I did. :)



Here is the card I made.  I took a plain base color and distressed with some brown around the edges. I used my Lawn Fawn Interlocking Backdrops to create my chevron look colored with markers. Though there was no gold on the scarf, I thought adding some was a nice accent color to go with the pink and so I made two tassles, one gold and one white with a bit of pink and anchored them with a bright pink button.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle.

I just sent this to a friend for her birthday and I hope she liked it!

Before you go, I am entering this into:




Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

Deepti said...

Oh my what an amazing BG :) gorgeous is the word!

Tonya Jastad said...

This is great Katie! I love those tassels and the way you made those chevrons!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful Katie and I like the little tassels!

Michelle said...

Pretty card, Katie! That must've been a gorgeous scarf...because the card is awesome!

Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle :)

cm said...

What a wonderful translation of a scarf-inspiration into a most stunning card! I can only imagine how beautiful the scarf is! Your friend will adore this card, as do I!
Hugs~c

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOWZA you HAVEbeen busy girl..!!!!

Got Inspiration?!!!

LOVE it!!

berryblue said...

This is so pretty! I love the layers and colors! I bet the scarf was lovely. Isn't it fun to find inspiration everywhere around us!

Jingle said...

Neat design! I really like the tassels!

Taheerah said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! I love the way you've managed to pull in so many colours and elements yet the card looks so cohesive and everything is so perfectly placed - very much an accomplishment! Love the addition of the tassels! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!