Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Girlfriends Challenge

Some of my crafty friends, Amy, Kimberly and Tonya, have been challenging eachother to do various color, sketch and other challenges out there.  It was my turn and I chose this challenge even though it isn't current.  I just loved the colors!  Aren't they fab?!


Basic Grey
Pool Party
Crisp Cantaloupe 
Lucky Limeade


So here is what I made for what I am dubbing the Girlfriend Challenge. A super sweet baby card AND I hardly had to do any of the work, I left it up to this fab DP by Bo Bunny!  I didn't have the Limeade color, so I used Pistachio instead.  Still love it.  The stamps are from Sweet Stamp Shop, so fun!  Finally the flower is from Freckled Fawn.  I filled it in with some glossy accents and used a MME enamel dot in the middle.


You can expect to see a lot of this paper line in the coming weeks, I bought a few sheets and have been using it like crazy!!!!  I can't get enough.  

So hope you enjoyed!   I know I enjoy crafting with my girlfriends and working on challenges with them...thanks ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am entering this into:


9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Excellent use of that gorgeous paper...wow!

Girlfriend challenge, I love that!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love your mix of patterns! Great take on the sketch!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Katie, love the patterned papers you used. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

Perfect papers for this challenge. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call.

Deepti said...

Cool use of patterned paper!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Katie. Love the different patters and the black words. The little flower embellishment looks great. Thank you for playing along with us at Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

wienerhoneymooners said...

WAY to combo the challenges, EXCELLENT on the Girlfriends Challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

I already told you on FB, I think, but it merits another shout out-- I REALLY like this card!!

cm said...

I've stood myself in the corner for being so late in commenting! Naughty me! Even though I've gazed at and admired your gallery of delights in Feedly, I haven't 'properly' let you know how amazing they are! And, I'm going to have to add writing lines as an additional "lesson" to my tardiness, because you may have thought I was ignoring you! I truly wasn't, but lines it is once I catch up! Your challenge palette and the card that resulted..only FABULOUS! Girlfriends challenge ROCKS!
Hugs~c