Thursday, September 11, 2014

Shiny Pink

OK, raise your hand if you are old enough to have seen the movie Pretty in Pink?!  If you aren't old enough, don't bother to comment! LOL. :)  Just kidding!  I did love that movie growing up though, I always love a good underdog story and Molly Ringwald....super star! haha.


Now that we've gotten the *important* stuff out of the way (wink) what say we look at this week's Fusion Challenge?!  You'll never guess what the theme is this week...drum-roll....SHINY PINK!  Here is the fabulous inspiration. 


You know the drill, you can play with the image, the sketch or BOTH to create a true FUSION!  Super Fun right?!  Here is what I made for this challenge. 


I definitely used some pink but I centered more around the sketch.  I used some SU! paper, Teresa Collins DP. Lawn fawn Plus One Stamps, Shiny Glitter Tape, MME enamel dots and Little B congrats die.  The colors and sparkle are so bold aren't they.  Admittedly, it was hard for me to not focus the card around the image (what I usually do) and have so much open space.  Not sure I entirely pulled it off, but if Molly Ringwald isn't gonna let them get her down then neither am I! :)

Head over to Fusion to check out the other ladies creations and enter to play for some awesome bragging rights! :)

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOL..blast from the past with the Pretty in Pink!
Your card is stinkin' adorable! I'm so glad to be back on the team and we're teamies again!

Julia Aston said...

So cute with the marching elephants all in a row Katie! I remember Pretty in Pink - but I never actually went to see the movie!

Tracey McNeely said...

Flashback!! Really sweet card Katie, love that TC paper!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE card Katie!! Oh yes...I'm OLD enough LOL!!!

Lynn said...

Oh I loved Pretty in Pink! I can't even count the number of times I've watched that movie. Classic! Your card is adorable too!

Lyndal said...

ME, ME, ME!!! LOL! Super cute card Katie!!

Deepti said...

Awwww this is so cute :)

cm said...

Super sweet with those wee elephants, hearts and, of course, the smiling lollies. Adorable!!! Pretty in Pink rocks!
Hugs~c

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW,....LOVE ALL MOVIES like that....Sixteen Candles, ROCKS...Pretty in Pink and Ferris Buellers Day off...St Elmos Fire.. WOW...Breakfast CLUB is the Best..Wargames...My BodyGuard..FAVES of ours.. Anyways girl you are too creative in the cute department!!!!