Thursday, April 28, 2016

Fusion- Orange Blossoms

OK, you are in for a treat today!  Our Fusion Coordinator Kimberly Wiener put together an AHMAZING photo and sketch for you this week.  Check it out:



I might be a little bit partial because I LOOOOOOOOVE hummingbirds!  They are so striking and have so much grace, how could you not!  So... Here is my take on the challenge!


Pretty much straight up from the photo.  I used a Tim Holtz die to create my blooms and used Hero Arts Electric Orange applied with a sponge.  I needed a little depth so added some sequins to the blooms (these were compliments of Annette Allen over at My Clever Creations).  Just love that neon look.  I used my Designs by Ryn hummingbird stamp and colored this one in with various greens,aqua and grey.  Lastly, I added a sentiment from Technique Tuesday, stapled it on and distressed the edges.  

Some amazing takes on this over at the Fusion blog.  Please go see!

Entering this into: 




10 comments:

sandie said...

I love that Hummingbird and what amazing colouring and you are right the neon is fab!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is just fabulous Katie!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this Katie!! It's vibrant and ever so PRETTY!!

Aileen said...

Stunning card love it.

wienerhoneymooners said...

This as so FANTABULOUS, my hubby said so Too!!! !!!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a gorgeous hummingbird - super coloring on it - and love the bold stenciling!

Lisa Lara said...

Perfect for this challenge Katie.

Karren said...

Beautiful card! That hummingbird image is gorgeous!

Manuela said...

beautiful hummingbird and also your card!

Jeanne J. said...

OH KATIE! This is the prettiest hummingbird ever! It captures so much motion and I love the detail in the feathers. Your colors are amazing too! Total eye candy here!