Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday Stamps- 125

I am not gonna lie, it was a rough week.  So I am sooooo glad the weekend is here and will be using this Sunday for R&R.  BUT, before I do, I have a nice uplifting card to share with you for this week's Sunday Stamps Challenge #125.

Here is the image we are working with:


Here is my take:



I thought it would be fun to see what happens when I added distress inks to glossy paper.  This is the result.  It clearly didn't blend as well, but still looks like a stormy sky to me.  I used a cloud template to add some layers.  The challenge is to pick a minimum of 3 colors and a neutral.  Admittedly, I got my peach color wrong, not sure what I was thinking.  In addition to that I used a couple of blues- all TIm Holtz products.  Then I stamped my sentiment from MFT.  I went back and added embossing tat looked like raindrops with and SU! folder.  Lastly, I cut this windmill die out from Top Dog Dies (sad when they closed the doors). 

I had a lot of fun making this. 

Now head on over to Sunday Stamps to see all the other inspiration. 

Entering this into: 




Thanks for stopping, I hope you have the day off and are enjoying it!

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

How perfect!

Tracey McNeely said...

Katie I am sorry to hear you had a rough week. I hope you are completely relaxing today! Your card is so sweet. Love the windmill!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Monika Reeck said...

Great use that sketch (how can I did not see that sketch haha) love the main image DIE you chooose and it looks stormy on your card
perfecto interpretation Katie
see you around teammate
hugs
Monika

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry you had a bad week, hope things perked up over the weekend. Your card si fantastic, love the clouds!!

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Katie, this is so beautiful. Love the colors.

Claire Broadwater said...

Katie, hope this week is off to a great start! I love this card! The background you created is beautiful and I love the lone windmill! Just perfect! XX

Jinny Newlin said...

Ooo! Being a Kansas girl, this scene totally speaks to me! Gorgeous ink work, love!

Leena Girsa said...

What a lovely card! I love the cloudy background you've created...and the sentiment is perfect at the end of a tough week.

Annette Elliott said...

Great card, Katie! I love the background you created. Very cool!

stampwithamyk said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love your sponged background, the colors are prefect. And that windmill die cut is awesome!! :)

Heidi Baks said...

This is such a fun card, Katie! Reminds me of the days I lived in the Midwest (I miss it!).